On September 9, 2021, President Joe Biden announced a six-pronged COVID-19 Action Plan that includes:
- Vaccinating the Unvaccinated;
- Further Protecting the Unvaccinated;
- Keeping Schools Safely Open;
- Increasing Testing and Requiring Masking;
- Protecting Our Economic Recovery; and
- Improving Care for Those with COVID-19.
For private employers in particular, the Action Plan creates new testing and vaccination mandates and financial support and incentives aimed at combatting the recent resurgence in the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 action plans are nothing new, President Biden’s Action Plan covers unchartered territory and may be rife for legal challenge. The Biden Action Plain also raises numerous questions on the testing and vaccination mandates,